odyd

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

6,715 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, odyd said:

I have a bit of time to put few more views in front of you on the subject of 2017.

Thanks for your thoughts.  You're right, sooner or later execution (can these companies make more than a few pennies per quarter?) will matter.  And I think the answer to that is, right now, no one knows.

The giant JKS order gives me hope that there is a market for the product.  The question becomes, can the producers make money on what have now become razor-thin margins?  That is what we're all waiting to see.  Yes, they can survive--but surviving is not prospering.

As I've mentioned before, I harbor no illusions about returning to former glory.  These days, all I want is a bit of good news every once in a while to provide a little boost so I can sell some trading positions for small gains--the old "stealing deck chairs off the Titanic" metaphor.  Any such short-term gains will evaporate again over time until the above situation becomes clearer, providing renewed trading entry positions.

As usual, good luck to us all!

I bought few shares of CSIQ today, it will be my open door position.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, odyd said:

Rating Action: Moody's withdraws Canadian Solar's Ba2 rating

RATINGS RATIONALE

Moody's has withdrawn the rating for its own business reasons. Please refer to the Moody's Investors Service's Policy for Withdrawal of Credit Ratings, available on its website, www.moodys.com.

Edited by explo