Guest Uncle Chang

Trina Solar (TSL)

2,505 posts in this topic

I read your reply. Nice job. It would seem what that guy did borders on stock manipulation. I know there is a fine line between free speech and criminal behavior but I think he went a bit over the edge. If he had no position then it would be different.

I agree the article is very harsh but there are attleast some valid points. I dont belive Trina will go bankrucpy and I think probably they will survive in another form during the debt comming due now.

eysteinh,

What are those points? Is company going to go bankrupt? No. Is the claim of 14B in costs real? No. The man is short; he is not hiding it and uses public materials to bend facts. This may impress people who do not have accounting education and certainly do not know position of Chinese solar companies and particularly Trina. Trina's issues are not on the balance sheets. Her issues are business related today and in the internal changes company made moving from module sale orientation to EPC orientation. If seen the module shipment data you would also found others causes to worry. I have reviewed finances of Trina and they are exemplary.

Read this article I wrote for PV-Mag, for actual condition of the company

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/trina-solars-q3-results-provide-proof-of-financial-strength-and-needed-hope_100009454/#axzz2HJwpqMvX

Rick's whole point that the newly appointed auditors will put the 14.5b purchase obligations on the balance sheet is completely flawed. How would that happen? He claims to have at least 9 years experience working in finance and still missed the balance part in balance sheet. If your going to put the cash you have to pay for future purchases as liabilities on your balanced sheet, then you need to put the corresponding asset on the sheet too, e.g. polysilicon that GCL will produce in 2017 and deliver to them according to the contract. Really? I hope nobody buys this guys CV. 9 years of work in finance and he don't know basic accounting.

They have been off balance sheet for last three years, one needs to check them in each of the 20-Fs. This man is paid to do this. The smoke screen of all legal documents and quoting covenants, it seem like someone, who is legit and knowledgeable. How many naive people got robbed today selling it off, due to this article?

I am hoping that someone like Hobo would pick up a pen a write a "reply" article to it. I know those companies have a lot of pressure as is but unethical, misleading and completely bias story like this should never be published. I frankly lost last ounce of respect to SA. They are interested in conflict not facts and education. I will no longer put anything on that site.

I'm hoping this forum can revive hobo's spirit of sharing a discussing. Yahoo and SA have become a dump that you have to filter carefully. SPVI and its cooperations with for example PV-magazine might be a better or additional platform for Hobo's articles in my opinion. SA have some benefits of accessabilty and structure to the data there though.

That would be good. He does good and hard work. He has had to put up with petty insults, degradation and slander with every post for the 5 years I have been reading him. I do hope he joins us here as it would be a mutual benefit.